Microbial and developmental genetics
- Understanding the molecular genetic mechanisms that regulate cellular morphogenesis and virulence in the human pathogen Talaromyces marneffei.
- Understanding the molecular genetic mechanisms that regulate development in the eukaryotic model organism Aspergillus nidulans
- Genomic approaches to identifying and characterising genes important for infection
- Dissecting the molecular and cellular aspects of host-pathogen interactions
- Molecular genetic characterisation of transcriptional factors, and their circuits, controlling development
- Genetic and genomic approaches to improve bioethanol production.