Insect population genetics and molecular evolution
What is the role of adaptation in the shaping variation within and between species? We focus on insecticide resistance as our microevolutionary model, and the comparative genomics of enzymes from various insects in inter-species comparisons. Our applied aim is to control pests with methods that do not have adverse impacts on biodiversity (e.g. gene drives, RNAi or specific enzyme inhibitors).
- Gene drives for insect control
- Characterizing potential targets for novel insecticides
- Pest insect genomics, population genetics and genetic manipulation
- Genome wide associations with novel insecticides
- Biotechnology applications of insect enzymes