- Behavioural and sensory ecology
- Animal coloration: mechanism, function and evolution
- Macro-ecological patterns of colour diversity
- Midyear: Near-infrared properties and thermoregulation in intertidal molluscs. Co-supervised with Dr Amanda Franklin.
- Mimicry complexes in beetles
- Midyear: Mechanisms producing iridescent and metallic colours in beetles. Co-supervised with Dr Amanda Franklin.
- Are iridescent colours more likely to be sexual signals in birds? Co-supervised with Dr Iliana Medina.
- Midyear: Vision and visual ecology of jewel beetles. Co-supervised with Dr Amanda Franklin.