- Behavioural and sensory ecology
- Animal coloration: mechanism, function and evolution
- Macro-ecological patterns of colour diversity
- How reflection of light affects thermoregulation in beetles or molluscs. Co-supervised with Dr. Amanda Franklin.
- Who is mimicking whom and why? The most diverse Australian mimicry complex - lycid beetles and their mimics
- Convergent evolution of mechanisms producing iridescent and metallic colours in beetles. Co-supervised with Dr. Amanda Franklin.
- Are iridescent colours more likely to be sexual signals in birds? Co-supervised with Dr. Iliana Medina.