Developmental genetics of Drosophila
My lab studies the genetic regulation of morphogenesis with a focus on epithelial plasticity: the ability of cells to change from stationary epithelial cells to migratory cells and back again. These mechanisms play crucial roles during development, cancer and wound-healing.
- Genetic regulation of epithelial-mesenchymal plasticity (EMT/MET) during Drosophila development
- molecular mechanisms of epithelial polarisation in Drosophila and mammalian cells
- Netrins and wound healing
- Modelling cancer metastasis in the fly
- Hox gene regulation of epithelial morphogenesis.
- The role of Netrins in wound healing and epithelial closure in Drosophila
- Regulation of enteroblast migration and MET in the adult fly gut