Abalone aquaculture, fisheries, shark fishery effects, Effects of marine climate change
My sudents have worked with many applied projecs: abalone fisheries and aquaculture, modelling fisheries, rock lobster fishery biology, shark aging and reproductive biology, shark vulnerability, and also other aspects of the ecology of rocky shore molluscs. Currently I work with Dr Terry Walker on shark biology, and with D Roussel in France on abalone behaviour and the domestication process in abalone farms.
- Abalone aquaculture: growth, stress and immune function
- Climate change effects on aquaculture species
- Shark and shark fisheries population dynamics and management
- Reproductive biology of Sharks (With Dr Terry Walker)
- Evolutionary change due to domestication in aquaculture
- Shark and teleost species on the southern Australia continental shelf, and the selectivity of gillnets for selected species. This project would use available data sets and literature to construct a spatial characterisation of the fish fauna, then determine their relative abundance and gill net size selectivity of selected species using survey data and available R software;and determine the effects of fishing on these species.