Innovation and Impact in BioSciences Education
- improving conceptual understanding of biological concepts
- supporting scientific skill development
- improving online learning
- improving assessment design
- equity and inclusion in STEM education
- Building a co-designed delivery of Indigenous Knowledges in tertiary-level marine biology curricula
Indigenous Knowledges are currently underrepresented or completely absent from many tertiary-level curricula in marine biology and related biological disciplines. The aim of this project is to better understand how Indigenous culture and deep connection with Sea Country can be embedded in tertiary-level science education. The project will include designing educational resources in a style and format that aligns with Indigenous Knowledge systems. While this project centres on marine biology, the exact focus is flexible and may include cultural practices or care of Country. We will work with you to tailor the project to align with your knowledge and/or interests.
This project is for a person who is interested in marine biology and education, and has excellent communication skills. Indigenous students are encouraged to apply.
Supervisors on this project will be Allyson O'Brien (Allyson.firstname.lastname@example.org), Rebecca Hull (email@example.com), Lisa Godinho (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Building a co-designed delivery of Indigenous Knowledges in tertiary-level marine biology curricula.