Marine ecology and coastal climate adaptation
The Coastal and Estuarine Adaptation Lab tests the application of ecological engineering techniques for coastal resilience and restoration. We develop novel methods for shoreline protection using a diversity of restored or created coastal habitats (e.g., mangroves, saltmarsh, seagrass, kelp and shellfish reefs).
- Climate change adaptation
- Ecological engineering
- Sustainable development
- Coastal resilience
- Living revetments for enhancing urban biodiversity
- Multi-functional artificial reefs (with City of Greater Geelong and Reef Design Lab)
- Where do shellfish like to live?
- Spatial prioritisation of nature-based coastal defence under climate change (with Dr Rebecca Runting, School of Geography)
- Multi-functional aquaculture: wave attenuation of shellfish farms (a joint NCCC and SALTT project)