- Behavioural and sensory ecology
- Animal coloration: mechanism, function and evolution
- Macro-ecological patterns of colour diversity
- Light manipulation by structures and pigments in beetles or lizards - interdisciplinary research with applications for bioinpsired materials.
- How does colour affect heat gain? Field-based experiments on diverse beetle species.
- Perception of dynamic colour signals. Co-supervised with Dr Amanda Franklin.
- Are iridescent colours more likely to be sexual signals in birds? Co-supervised with Dr. Iliana Medina.