Plant evolution and development
I use two genetic model systems from opposite ends of the evolutionary spectrum of land plants, the flowering plant Arabidopsis and the liverwort Marchantia, to better understand the molecular mechanisms of polysaccharide synthesis.
- Plant Evolution and Development
- Plant cell wall synthesis
- Protein-protein interactions
- Intracellular trafficking
- Live cell imaging
- How did vascular tissues evolve in plants?
- Cloning and characterisation of genes encoding polysaccharide synthases
- Using CRISPR technology to modify plant cell walls
- Determining evolutionarily conserved protein-protein interactions in cell wall synthesis