Molecular entomology, endosymbionts, environmental stress
Our current research aims to apply endosymbionts in pest and disease control programs through microinjection.Other areas of interest include CRISPR and RNAi in Drosophila and temperature adaptation studies.
- Integrated management of agricultural pests
- Making new strains for pest control
- Novel approaches for suppressing arboviral disease vectors
- Investigating Wolbachia-host interactions and control arthropod-borne disease with transinfection
- Heat tolerance selection in Australian aphids
- Making novel mosquito strains for Dengue control